Brazil Nut Milk
Our Brazil nuts are fresh and so rich in flavor that snacking on them just whole, plain and raw will be a highlight of your day, it is for us 😉! But they are different creative ways to incorporate this mineral dense nut in your diet, one of our favorites is the Brazil Nut Milk, that we share today with you.
More and more, people are turning to plant-based milk options due to the inflammation and other characteristics of the animal derived counterpart. However, some of the options available are often watery and far from that texture we look in a milk for our coffee, cereal or to just grab a glass of creamy, delicious and nutritious beverage. This is what you get when you use Brazil nuts for milk and add to that the high anti-inflammatory properties from the nut’s antioxidants.
Here how to make it your own at home:
- 1 cup of organic Brazil nuts
- 2 dates
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon or vanilla optional
- Soak Brazil nuts in a bowl of water with teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or a squeeze of lemon overnight.
- Drain Brazil nuts. Discard water and rinse well. Add Brazil nuts, vanilla or cinnamon, dates, 4 cups filtered water and Himalayan salt to a blender. Blend on a high speed for about 1 minute.
- Place a nut milk bag or muslin cloth in a strainer over a bowl. Pour contents of the blender into the nut milk bag. Squeeze nut milk bag to extract more milky liquid until pulp is dry. You can use the pulp in making a veggie burgers or smoothies or as an addition to any recipe you feel like, it will work for you.
- Store Brazil nut milk in the refrigerator in a covered glass container for up to 5 days.
Enjoy you milk and let us know how you'd like it!