Enjoy the potent antioxidants of Beetroot Powder!
Beetroot Flour - Beta Vulgaris L.
Used part: Root
Red beet powder can be used in gravies, sauces, soups, or to provide color in any recipe. These beets are dehydrated and then ground into a powder. Retaining all the protective nutrients of ripe beets, this powder is naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, and nitrate. There are no additives.
Beet powder has a slightly sweet, earthy taste that can add a boost of nutrients to your recipes. Use a few teaspoons of the powder in sauces and salad dressings - one teaspoon of the powder is equivalent to one beet. Beet powder can also be used as an alternative food coloring in cakes and cupcakes to make them a bright red velvet color. Using cocoa in cake recipes will help subdue the beet's natural earthy flavor.
Beets are full of Vitamins A, B6 and C, magnesium, iron, folate, potassium, iron, calcium, proteins, and soluble fiber. Also, another important benefit of beet flour is loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants. Beet Flour is naturally sweet. Most of the calories that come from beet flour are from its natural sugar.
Good Herbal Remedy:
- Supports healthy blood pressure because it contains nitrates that are vasodilators
- Improves athletic performance by boosting your stamina and muscle blood flow and recovery
- Regulates homocysteine as beet flour is high in betaine, converting homocysteine to methionine. High homocysteine is a risk factor for many diseases
- Improves blood sugar control
- A tremendous antioxidant that limits free radical damage in the body
- Supports healthy blood clotting factors
- Excellent source of fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc
The ideal amount to take would be around 300-500 mg or 2-3 teaspoons. The most efficient way is to mix it in water and take it all in one good swig. You can take more but loading yourself with nitrates can potentially be bad for you, especially if you have kidney stones. Take your dose around 30-45 minutes before you start your exercise to ensure that your body absorbs all the nitrates. You can take one dose in the morning, then one in the evening before you sleep. This ensures that you get your nutrients before the exercise, and before recovery phase.
Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe, and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.