Detox and fight Inflammation with Leather Hat Tea
Leather Hat - Echinodorus Grandiflorus
Used part: Leaf
The leather hat (Echinodorus grandiflorus), also popularly known as "Minas Gerais tea," is a semi-aquatic plant native to Brazil, found mainly in the flooded regions of the cerrado, in the states of Minas Gerais, São Paulo, Mato Grosso do Sul, Paraná and Santa Catarina. This plant has hard leaves like leather, its flowers are whitish and, when it reaches maturity, can reach 1.5 meters in height.
The properties of the leather hat are mainly its anti-inflammatory, antirheumatic, astringent, depurative, diuretic, antiarthritic, energetic, antihypertensive and laxative action.
The leather hat has many benefits, it is used for the treatment of throat inflammations and wound healing. It is also used in diseases such as arthritis, arthritis, rheumatism, stomach and kidney problems, skin infections, high cholesterol, hypertension and liver diseases.
This herb also has a diuretic and depurative action of the organism and is therefore very important for the treatment of the affections of the kidney and the urinary tract, the liver and the stomach.
Good Herbal Remedy:
- Combats inflammations
- Can relieve pain
- It is also used to treat uric acid
- Treats problems in the stomach, such as stomatitis
- Urinary infection
- It is efficient in dealing with skin problems, such as vitiligo
- Wounds and snake bites
- It is good for tonsillitis, pharyngitis, gingivitis, colds and flu
- It can give more energy
- Cases of arthritis, rheumatism and arteriosclerosis
- Tea can be effective in controlling blood pressure
- Those who suffer from constipation can benefit from the laxative properties of this tea
- Lumbago, hernias, syphilis, lithiasis, nephritis and goiter are other pathologies benefited by consumption of tea from leather hat
- Add 2 tablespoons of the herb to 1 liter of boiling water
- Let it cook for 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Strain and drink
How to Drink:
Take 2 to 3 cups a day.
The leather hat is contraindicated in patients with heart and kidney failure and should not be taken with antihypertensive drugs. In addition, it should also not be used in pregnant or nursing women.