Dill Leaf Tea great insomnia remedy and other health benefits
Dill Leaf - Anethum graveolens L.
Used part: Leaf
With predominant growth in regions such as North Africa and southern Europe, the dill is a plant whose scientific nomenclature corresponds to anethum graveolens. It can be easily found for sale in European countries and also in Germany, India, Pakistan, Romania, the United States and Japan. This plant is known to be quite resistant, even adapting to the most varied types of climate.
Endowed with a similar flavor to the anise with a small addition of lemon, this plant is quite widespread in cooking due to its ability to flavor dishes and various delicacies. However, the dill is, in fact, well known because of its numerous properties and medicinal benefits.
Rich in beneficial effects, as a source of fibers and minerals such as iron, magnesium and manganese, the plant has its medicinal capacity, mainly due to the presence in its composition of substances such as flavonoids (kaempferol and vicenina) and monoterpenes (anathofuran, limonene and carvone). Vegetable with soothing and digestive action.
The main use of the plant is between the mothers, since the dill tea stimulates the milk production. However, it can also be used in other treatments. The dill fights flatulence, works like a natural sleeping pill, relieves eye inflammation, treats boils, aids in digestion, improves liver health and combats intestinal cramps.
Good Herbal Remedy:
- Intestinal gasses and flatulence, favoring a healthy digestion
- The retention due to its diuretic action
- Hemorrhoids and pains in general, as a result of the anti-hemorrhoidal property
- Infections, colds and colds due to the presence of vitamin C
- The growth of bacteria, since the volatile oil of the dill is potent for such
- Rheumatoid arthritis and in the prevention of bone loss
- Intestinal colic in newborn babies, spasms, liver disorders, insomnia, nausea, stomach hyperacidity, and dyspepsia
- Add 2 tablespoons of herb to one liter of water
- Turn off when it reaches boil
- Remove from the heat and leave the pan (capped) to stand for 10 minutes
- Strain and drink
How to drink:
Take 2 to 3 times a day.
People who are allergic to some substances need to take extra care, especially if they are to collect the dill. In contact with the skin, the juice that leaves the freshly harvested plant may develop photodermatosis.
Another caution that should also be taken is regarding the consumption of tea. It can increase the sodium level of the body, so it is indicated that people who present this problem use the plant sparingly. The best thing to do is to consult your doctor before using the natural benefits of the plant. Only he can tell you that this is the best solution for your health.