Lower Blood Pressure drinking Hawthorne Tea
Hawthorne - Crataegus Oxycantha
Used part: Leaf, Flower
The hawthorn also known as, hawthorn alvar or Pilriteiro, is scientifically named crataegus oxyacanta. This herb has been used for over 100 years to treat heart-related problems since it is able to increase blood flow and consequently oxygen. It is effective in dilating blood vessels and increases the strength of heart contractions.
The properties of Pilriteiro include a vasodilating action, relaxing, antioxidant, stimulating the blood circulation and with healing effect on the skin and mucous membranes.
Pilriteiro is a plant that helps reduce palpitations, which ultimately produces a sedative effect on the central nervous system. In addition, it has a relaxing action on smooth muscles, which helps lower blood pressure.
Good Herbal Remedy:
- Helps in the treatment of heart problems such as myocardial degenerations, changes in vessels or slight disturbances of the heart rhythm
- Improves blood circulation
- Strengthens the heart, being especially suitable for the elderly
- Helps in the treatment of hypertension
- It improves sleep and helps in the treatment of insomnia
- Put 2 tablespoons of herb to a liter of water
- Turn off when the water reaches boil
- Cover and leave the solution muffled for about 10 minutes
- Strain and drink
How to Drink:
Take 2 to 3 cups a day.
The only absolute contraindication for the use of hawthorn is known hypersensitivity to Crataegus products. Its use is not recommended during pregnancy because of potential uterine stimulation. One publication recommends against use in pregnancy based on results of animal studies and human case reports. Scientific evidence for the safe use of Crataegus during lactation or in young persons is not available. It is therefore not currently recommended for children or breastfeeding mothers.