Weight Loss with Anti Inflammatory Turmeric Tea
Turmeric - Curcuma longa L.
Used part: Root Powder
Known as one of the most popular spices in Asian countries, turmeric is rich in curcumin, a pigment that gives the color yellow-gold to the root. It is an antioxidant that has the power to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease, according to research findings from the University of California (UCLA).
Turmeric also protects against various types of cancer, has anti-inflammatory action and can be considered a true source of youth. It has been called super spice, and there are hundreds of studies attesting to its antiaging and health promoting action.
The plant has the power to aid in skin health, protect the liver and act in the process of protein digestion and regulation of metabolism. Some studies have shown decreased inflammation and improved treatment in cases of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, inflammation of the airways and diabetes. Turmeric also acts as an antiseptic and natural antibacterial and is widely used to disinfect cuts and burns.
Due to the anti-inflammatory action of curcumin, the power of turmeric against body fat and the weight loss process is considerable. According to experts, the use of seasoning helps to reduce bouts of binge eating, preventing the individual from exceeding the daily caloric limit. In addition, turmeric decreases blood supply to the adipose tissue, weakening the body's fat stores and thus aiding in weight loss. In Chinese medicine, this ingredient is used in the treatment of depression, among other benefits.
Good Herbal Remedy:
- Treating constipation, since it has laxative properties, which favors bowel movement
- Reduce pain in the stomach and relieve the symptoms of gastritis, since it has anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps weight loss because it is able to reduce the sensation of hunger
- It helps in the treatment of problems in the thyroid, especially when there is some tumor, since it can act in the tumor cells preventing its growth
- Promotes a decrease in cholesterol levels and helps in the treatment of urinary problems
- It increases brain activity, improving learning and memory capacity, since it has neuroprotective properties, and can thus be used to aid in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's
It is necessary that it be included in the daily food of the people. The good thing about all of this is that turmeric is widely used in cooking to give color to sweet-tasting dishes, fish, rice and sauces in general.
To use turmeric in an easy way, simply sprinkle a teaspoonful of the herb powder on the ready-made food or dissolve it in a tablespoon of olive oil to season the salad.
Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe, and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.